Wednesday, July 8, 2020

Channeling Betsy Ross and Grandsons

I so enjoyed my cross stitch project that I thought I might like to make another small item, a needle book.  I found a chart online for a 13 star flag, America's first flag sewn by Betsy Ross.  I think it will be fun to make the cover with this flag and who knows what else I'll do with it.


I will need another skein of red floss!  It was quite a design challenge to do an odd number of stars, but it works.


My stars are not too good.. but oh well.. life is not perfect and neither am I.


Our son Shawn and our grandson Michael came over a few days ago to bring his utility trailer over to park in our pasture, up over the hill and out of sight.  Michael drove Shawn's pickup up under the cherry tree so the boys could pick some cherry's.  I snapped this fun shot of the boys.  The wild cherries are really tiny, but they were sweet.


We stayed outside during their visit and maintained social distance.  I really appreciate having my grandsons nearby. 


Well.. I think I'll start stitching some red stripes.  I need diversion as I'm sad about a few things.  Time to give myself a pep talk.  Deep breaths.  Happy thoughts.  Thank goodness I have a wonderful sister who loves me and a fantastic husband who is amazing and a daughter-in-law who has become so dear to me.  Good friends, family who loves me.  And I count you, dear readers, as blessings.  ((hugs)), Teresa :-)  

15 comments:

  1. Enjoy those grandsons! adorable♥ No worries about diversions at this particular time. Whatever it takes. This particular chapter in the history of our lives will be a very interesting one indeed (probably not to believed at all). You and Dayle be safe and well♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Teresa. Sorry you are sad, hope things improve. I am feeling lucky to have my sons and family at moment. Take care. Anne x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your flag cross stitch piece will be lovely, Teresa. Your cherries sound delicious. You have such a great variety growing on your property. I do hope you are feeling better, my friend. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Betsy Ross inspiration for your needle book is perfect and I have confidence that your efforts will produce a lovely result! Michael's "cherry picker" was a great platform for the boys to use to pick cherries :-) I am among those who love you and care that you feel sad, dear Teresa. ((hugs))

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your chosen cross-stitch and look forward to seeing how you construct your needlebook as I would like to make one too.
    I'm so glad you have all of your grandsons so close to you and have so many people that love you. I am sorry that you're sad my dear friend. I've been having pangs about leaving some of my family behind when we move in a year or two. Will I ever see them again? Such a strange and trying year when strange thoughts flutter in and out of my head. The Lord is watching over you dear Teresa and He will sustain you.
    Blessings and hugs,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  6. I’m very impressed with all your cross stitch. I keep meaning to get out my material and thread and start something. Maybe today. B x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sending you a hug in the hope it will help. What handsome Grandsons that you have and blessed that you have them to visit.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sorry you are a bit blue Teresa. I think we are all getting that way now and again with the state of the world and our country. The pancemid has put a huge damper on everything! I'm glad you have your grandsons nearby and they clearly love spending time with you and Dayle. I think your latest cross stitch project is darling. A needlebook is a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  9. How wonderful that you get to spend time with family. It's all so precious to us now, isn't it? Today's my baby Grand's 5th birthday and I can't be with him now since he started camp. I am so sad. Araignee

    ReplyDelete
  10. There are days when it is difficult to keep our spirits up. It is okay to feel sad and pamper yourself until you are ready to smile again. Hope you will feel better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sorry you feel so sad Teresa, these are such trying times. Your grandsons are getting so tall and are growing into fine young men. I love your cross stitch pattern, I hope it keeps your hand and mind busy. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Teresa, Sending big hugs to you From Wisconsin. Emotions running high around our area too. Some of us are not back at the barn, and I think some are upset with us for it. I LOVED that place. But I cannot understand how they can be open with no requirements to mask during a pandemic. Im trying to stay open minded, I'm not on the Board, and wouldn't want to be. . But , how do people as a group convince one another its ok to take risks????

    ReplyDelete
  13. Sending you love Teresa. Hope the sadness lifts soon and you can enjoy your grandsons, Dayle, Mocha, stitching, crochet, beautiful flowers, friends ship and more. Stay safe.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Long distance hugs and much Love to you dear Teresa and Dayle and all of your family.....I have watched from afar all the boys grow and feel privelaged by this 💙💙💖💖 Beautiful needlework happening there xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your flag counted cross stitch looks nice. I enjoy seeing your grandsons in this post. I like that red truck. I saw a nice red Ford Ranger pickup truck on freeway when we were going out to eat last eve. Your farm looks so cozy. I know in real life it is. Been there. Done that!😀 Take care my friend. ×------×

    ReplyDelete

I absolutely love comments and thank you so much for taking time to leave me a note. :-)