Tuesday, August 18, 2020

Fleurs, Zines and Roofing

Our sunflower bloomed!  Our tallest one got decapitated by our windmill.  This is the 2nd tallest.  What fun flowers!  They are almost 8 feet tall.  Next year I want more of them.


And great news, my Trumpet vine finally bloomed after years of it just producing foliage.  Rather amazingly is this plant was given to me from my sister Roberta and these buds emerged exactly one year after we lost her.  I think my sister is reaching out to me.  Hi Roberta!


The boys were here for 2 weeks helping out after Dayle's surgery.  We taught them both how to cook eggs.  Hayden likes fried eggs and I taught him how to crack eggs on a flat surface instead of the edge of the pan. Caleb wanted to learn how to cook them scrambled.  I showed him how to use deli ham and slice them up and saute it in butter before adding the eggs, then to grate cheddar cheese over the top and Dayle cut some fresh chives for the top.  


Tadah.. his masterpiece.  


I cut a little bouquet of Jasmine to put next to my easy chair.  Wow, what an aroma!


I used this cute little glass vase which is a hand holding the flowers.


A close-up of the Jasmine flowers.. cute little buggers.


Over the easygoing weekend I decided I needed to read some of my magazines in my rack as it was so full I couldn't put one more in it.  I read 2 Victoria and 1 US Country Living.  I always get inspired by many of the articles.


This one was so amazing as 3 women artists joined together to save a group of vintage cottages in Indian Rocks Beach in Coastal Florida on the Gulf of Mexico.  Developers were eying the property and wanted to raze the historical community and build high-rise condominiums.  So these 3 women began painting the charming scenes and cottages, they sell them in their gallery and use the funds to restore the homes.  Isn't that wonderful?


This shows the 3 women painting together, the gallery, a cottage and the beach and gulf.


The home of one of the women, after they paint they go back to her home and have tea and lunch together and chat about their day.


The roofers are here working.  They've put a membrane on the garage barn and shed and even put new plywood and fascia on the front of the shed.  They even cleaned all the moss that had fallen on the chicken yard roof.


The back of the garage, there is a loft on the 2nd floor.


They've laid out the metal panels on the grass.  I just realized we didn't paint the back of the woodshed red!


Moving the panels to the yard.  Behind him are our plum trees.


My furry dog hat.


I found my silver polishing cloth and shined up my Yard-O-Led fountain pen, pen and mechanical pencil.  All shiny now!

Did you miss my blog post yesterday?  :-)  I got busy with checking to see if my package and birthday card got to my granddaughters as promised and they did!  Paige loves her blanket and I told her all about the beads I used on her necklace, she chose the turquoise and red coral one.  Jenna called me to thank me for her necklace, the porcelain, jade, cinnabar and pearl one.  It did my heart good to hear from the girls.  

Then we had to jet off to the eye doctor for them to measure our eyes for our cataract surgery.  What an ordeal.  Their AC wasn't working and it was 95 deg. out and it was hot and stuffy in their office.  It took forever for the measurements and other testing.  Ugh.

And so, I won't post again until Friday.  I hope you have a wonderful week!  ((hugs)), Teresa :-)  

16 comments:

  1. It is nice seeing you and Dayle teaching your grands to cook. A very important skill. I'm sure you will love the new roof on your buildings. There is always something productive going on at your place. Have a good week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the Trumpet flowers and so special being from Roberta 💖💖 Cold here but we are well. Lovely seeing he teaching of cooking. We are not allowed to see any of ours...... Maybe in October 😀

    ReplyDelete
  3. Things are busy around the farm! The new roofs will be very nice but I sure liked the moss. I'm so glad that you were able to have the boys over. Lots of eggs at your house so they're great to practice on.
    I have an eye appt. on Thursday, Neurologist on Friday and dentist Tuesday. It will keep me busy. Dennis is leaving on Friday to go see his sister.
    Blssings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those eggs look delicious and well done on giving your grand sons such great life skills. Loving your flowers as always and great that the trumpet vine has flowered. Good luck with the cataract surgery. B x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, you've got a lot going on! The photos of the cooks are precious. Those eggs are making me hungry. Araignee

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous colourful pictures! And so good to see Dayle looking so well and happy there! Your grandsons are so helpful, it must be great having them around. Your red barn is always a pleasure to see (you know I love it!)and it will be great now with the special roofing. Hope your week is going well, dear Teresa XXX

    ReplyDelete
  7. I was surprised to see that your grandson looks taller than Dayle now! They are sure growing quickly! Good luck with the eye surgery! After my Mom had her cataract surgery years ago - she said colors looked so much brighter! Your gardens will be bright and beautiful for you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Teresa,
    Loved your blog!
    Could you tell me what issue of what magazine had the story about the 3 Women “drawing a line in the sand”? I would love to read that article!
    Thanks!
    Ruth Butters
    ruth@butterscpa.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's the July/August 2019 issue. You can actually click on the photos to make the photo bigger and you might be able to read the text that way.

      Delete
  9. Line in the sand , cottages saved! What a great story that is.
    Be well. Praying for you two and your 4 pretty eyes

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hello there. Do like sunflowers as well. It's so good doing things with our grandchildren isn't it?
    Hope all goes well re eye surgery.
    I love the colour of the magenta ink in your previous post.
    That is wonderful re the cottages. Hugs Anne x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks for making the time to catch us up on your latest happenings, Teresa. I felt like I had a good visit with you, learning about your family cooking together, seeing the current beautiful blooms you are enjoying-especially Roberta's Trumpet vine, and seeing the progress on the installation of the metal roofs. Victoria is one of my favorite magazines, and I agree the article you cited is neat. It is inspiring when folks figure out creative ways to support constructive projects. I am glad you survived your recent appointment and I hope you will soon be able to enjoy clearer vision. I am thinking of how wonderful your Jasmine must smell while I cook cabbage and onions~~~ :) love and hugs

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful sunflower and what a great picture of Dayle and your grandson! We have a trumpet vine growing up one of our trees. The hummingbirds love it. BUT...we now have trumpet vines coming up ALL over our yard - they are so invasive and can be a real mess. They are pretty though! Glad the girls' gifts arrived safely and intact.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Glad all is well with you and Dayle so nice that you have the boys over with you. A delight to see the progress on the barn. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a great blog. I came here through someone else's blog (Thankful Thursday). So nice to see the pictures. Your sunflower is so nice. We have some smaller ones in our garden.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Nice post, thanks for sharing :-)
    xx

    ReplyDelete

I absolutely love comments and thank you so much for taking time to leave me a note. :-)