Friday, August 14, 2020

Red Tomato, Post Office Visit and Gorge Views

Finally.. we have one red tomato.  It's not quite fully ripe but soon.  More tomatoes on the vine should start to turn red as time goes by.  Fun!


I can't believe how huge these plants are.  


I tied up the blanket to send to my youngest granddaughter for her 12th birthday.  Then I filled my Yard-O-Led fountain pen with pretty magenta ink so I could write a letter to each of the girls to include in the package.  I also filled out a pretty birthday card to mail at the same time.  


I went back to my office/studio and found two necklaces that I made to send to the girls.  It will be interesting to find out which necklace the girls choose.  I hope they don't want the same one!


This one I love, I used faceted turquoise rondelles, red coral beads, sterling silver spacers made in Bali, a big chunk of turquoise and a pendant of carnelian I tied on with a strip of leather that I cut myself.  It was hard to part with this as I love it but the girls deserve to have special things made by their grandma.


This one is Chinese inspired with the porcelain beads, fresh water pearls, silver Bali spacers and green jade beads with cinnabar beads impressed with designs.  :-)


I packed the necklaces and letters in the sweet little bag you see above, made by my friend Bev.  I have several as I love them and she sells them as a fund raiser for Portland Women's Forum.  So, I took the blanket and necklaces and card to the Corbett Post Office and bought a box to put them in and got them duly on their way to Ohio.  After that was done I decided to take a drive to enjoy the beautiful day and visit Portland Women's Forum State Scenic Viewpoint.  Ahhh.. windows down and this view.. I walked out to the point to snap a few photos and then got back into the car and just enjoyed the Columbia River Gorge for quite some time.


For new readers, that building is the Vista House at Crown Point State Park.  It was built in 1918 and is amazing inside.  I joined in with several other local citizens to get involved with the building in 1982 and we created The Friends of Vista House. I was hired as the first Executive Director of the Friends and helped get the building rescued and restored.  Great memories.


This is the sign at the entrance of the park, I'm a member of Portland Women's Forum and have served as president.  Click on the name to find out more history.


I decided to drive on to the Vista House, spied these wild sweet peas and pulled over for a snapshot.  The yellow wildflower is Yarrow.


Oh.. a big black and yellow bumblebee is captured!


I had Tom Petty blasting "I Won't Back Down" on my stereo with the windows down as I took a turn here and snapped a photo from the car window.  :-)  Once a 60s rocker hippie chick.. always one.


Home again. I can't get enough of my pot of Hot Lips Salvia.. are you tired of seeing them yet?  :-)


I had to snap a "Before" photo of the barn and shed.  The roofers are here right now scraping the moss off of both of them to prepare them to install new metal roofs on both.  I will show you the after shots when they're done.  


I didn't mind the moss on the roof.. until weeds started growing in them.  THEN it got embarrassing.  LOL!

Dayle and I have an appointment today that we're both nervous about.  We are both getting eye surgery next week and this is the pre-op appt.  Wish us luck.  I hope you have a wonderful weekend!  No big plans here.  Some crocheting on my lantern is on the agenda.  ((hugs)), Teresa :-)  

14 comments:

  1. Beautiful necklaces, I'd be thrilled with either of them! I have a Yard-0-Led ballpoint pen which I love using. Your fountain pen is gorgeous. I like the barn roof with moss on, but it'll be good to see it all clean and new. Good luck with the surgery, Hope it goes well for you both. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. There is nothing like a fresh tomato from your own garden. They taste so much better than anything store bought. Good luck with the roofing. We had that done a couple of years ago with great success. I am sure yours will turn out beautiful. Prayers for the eye surgery. I have no doubt that you both will do well. Scary, I am sure, but necessary to stay healthy and active in life!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your mossy roofs!!! But, metal roofs are really nice too - especially when it rains. Love that sound. Good luck with your pre-op appointments. I'm sure everything will go well. I'll be thinking of you both. Love the necklaces you sent to your Granddaughters too - you are such a talented hippie chick Teresa!!! LOL. Seriously, though.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Paige and Jenna are sure to love the necklaces you sent them. And I agree, they should have something special made by their Grandma. I know the blanket will be well loved too.
    Thank you for the photos of the Gorge. No matter how many times I visit or see it in photos, I never tire of that view.
    I'll be praying for you and Dayle and your eye surgeries. Are you having them done at the same time? Do you have a driver?
    Take care and stay cool this weekend.
    Blessings
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fantastic Teresa and the girls will love those gorgeous necklaces. Just had a scenic drive out today for a safe walk. All the best with your appointments this week.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I LOVE your pen. I have a thing for fountain pens and that one is a real beauty. Araignee

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for taking us along on some of your recent errands. I never tire of seeing your good photos of the beauty around you, and I always admire your artwork and your narrative. It is amazing and wonderful to see beauty, isn't it. I pray you feel the Lord's comfort and encouragement as you go through the process of getting your eye surgeries so that your vision is the best it can be. xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Paige and Jenna are blessed to feel your love from so far away. Good luck with that appointment.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I will pray to St. Lucy as my mom taught me, for your eyes. Think positively if you can. Those necklaces are awesome. How was it to see the place you have given so much to? I still feel conflicted about the barn. It is as if we never helped there. We hear from one or two people. You know how it bugs me Teresa.....

    ReplyDelete
  10. Those necklaces are so pretty - lucky granddaughters! And that pen and the magenta ink are gorgeous.

    What beautiful views of the Gorge (also gorge-ous!). That yellow wildflower almost looks like tansy.

    Good luck with the roofing and especially with the eye surgeries. Take care!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow, wonderful pictures!
    And...good luck :-)
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm sure your granddaughters will love their "grandma gifts". The necklaces are very pretty. I will keep you and Dayle in my prayers and hope that all goes well.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Gorgeous views and the blue of those skies. Love your jewellery making. You are very talented. Lots of red tomatoes here too. Nothing like picking them and eating them straight away :) B x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Just loved your photos of the wonderful Columbia river Gorge. Thank you.
    and Good luck with eye surgeries....Phyllis

    ReplyDelete

I absolutely love comments and thank you so much for taking time to leave me a note. :-)