Friday, August 21, 2020

Roof Finish, Etc.

Hello friends!  I showed you the progress on the new metal roof installation in my last post.  Now I can show you the finished project.  This photo shows the roofers working on the garden shed roof.


In this photo you can see 5 people working on the two roofs.


When they were all done I asked the crew to smile for a photo.  If any locals need contact info just let me know.  I can highly recommend them.


A wide-angle shot of both buildings.


I am very pleased with the new look.  Next up is clearing out the shed and making it more user friendly.  New curtains, too.


BEFORE.


AFTER. Yay!


My red hibiscus plant was going a bit crazy so I cut some jute twine and tied it up to a 6 foot long length of black bamboo that Dayle cut for me and pushed down into the pot.  It looks much better now.  


Our sunflower.. I am wondering why the petals are limp, Dayle waters it every other day.  He said there was some wind and that is what happened.  Have you ever seen a sunflower with limp petals?


See the bee on it?  That will give you an idea how big this thing is.


All 6 fish - I have to tell you the little Koi are growing fast.  They are double or triple the size from when we brought them home.


Some 4th of July rose photos.


I am going to have to prune this severely when they stop blooming as all the ends are funky and spindly.


I love how each of these blooms are so different.


A new bloom on my miniature rose.


Dayle brought in a new bouquet of Dahlias for me.  :-)


Take a gander at this one, it was one that was given to us by our neighbor Sue.


One I ordered and got a different one.


This one Dayle picked out from the nursery.


And the one I ordered that was correct.  :-)


Kristi dug some of our potatoes for us.  


And Dayle and I worked in the kitchen together to make hamburger gravy served over the boiled potatoes and some sauteed zucchini.  Delish!

And so.. that's it for us right now.  What's new with you?  Any exciting weekend plans?  I am going to work on my crocheted lantern project.  ((hugs)), Teresa :-)  

16 comments:

  1. Your flower pics always satisfy. No idea about limp sunflower leaves. Will have to google it. The metal roofs look very updated. Your potatoes look delicious, too. Have a great weekend and be safe♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nothing exciting here lol Fabulous roofs (is that a word lol) Weather looks great too pouring with rain and 9 celcius hideous 😂😂

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your new roofs are fabulous! Love the blue color. Your potatoes will be delish roasted - try that!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your new roofs... the blue is beautiful! I always love seeing your flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The roof look great Teresa. You both chose well. I've never seen limp petals like on your sunflower so I'm no help at all. Your flowers are so pretty. I especially like the dahlia that Dayle chose and the one that you ordered. Your gravy on the potatoes looks very good. We really like yukon golds. Is that what they are?
    I don't have any plans for the weekend. Just relax a bit here at the new place. We're thinking of going camping next weekend up north by the Canadian border. I'll have to see how tired Dennis is when he gets home.
    I hope you and Dayle have a wonderful weekend.
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a difference on the roofs, although I must admit I do like the moss on the before picture. Beautiful dahlias and such wonderful colours. No real plans for the weekend, just relaxing with a book and a little crochet. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous new roofs, they've made a lovely job of it. Your garden shed is wonderful, I shall look forward to seeing it with new curtains. Your home grown veggies look amazing, I bet they tasted fantastic too. A bit of work this weekend for me. You asked a while back what I do - I'm a freelance writer, mostly in the legal sphere, so I write website content and guides for law firms, that sort of thing. We're going out for a meal later to celebrate the eldest's exam results - from the exams that were cancelled, but he was given estimated results instead. He's a vegan, so we're going to a vegetarian restaurant and I'm really looking forward to it. The youngest might have cricket tomorrow if it's dry, otherwise it's a quiet couple of days. Hope you have a good weekend, CJ xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. That should last for years. I do like a metal roof. It looks great. Another job ticked off, gives one satisfaction.

    ReplyDelete
  9. hi teresa,
    your roofs look very pristine. i can imagine loving them while also missing the homey look of the mossy ones. i really want to see inside that shed and see your chickens!
    well done on the potatoes! is hamburger gravy ground beef and cream of mushroom? yum.
    i saw a lavender farm from corbett is going to be at the milwaukie farmer's market and i got excited thinking it was your neighbor, but alas, it is not.
    peace from pdx,
    melissa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Melissa, the hamburger gravy is made this way - saute hamburger and some chopped onion, when done, sprinkle a few tablespoons of flour over the top, stir and cook that for a few minutes, then pour over a few cups of milk, stir until it thickens, salt and pepper to taste. Serve over boiled or mashed potatoes or even pasta. You could also add garlic or other spices or herbs to it.. even mushrooms!

      Delete
  10. The buildings really look nice with their new roofs. Great job! Your yard looks nice as usual - you put a lot of work into it and it shows!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love your new roof. So many of the new homes on the water are opting for metal roofs these days. I am not sure how that works with the humidity but I do love seeing them. Araignee

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Teresa! I hope you and Dayle are getting prepared for your eye surgeries. What can we do to help? I haven't seen a sunflower s petals do that, but they are so charismatic aren;t they?
    Growing your own potatoes! wheeeeee. good luck for sure . And pun intended, I see no eyes

    ReplyDelete
  13. The new roofs on your barn and shed look so nice. I know you must be thrilled. Your flowers always make me smile. Our weekend is quiet, just how I like it. We had our son and grands visit this week--it was so nice to see them.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Even with limp petals the sunflower is impressive! I enjoy seeing it, the other gorgeous blooms, the pretty fish and the beautiful metal roofs. Ordinary routine over here this weekend: I cooked meatloaf, vegetables, did a load of laundry, took a walk, watered plants, reading, praying and been exercising my phone, iPad and laptop :) Happy Weekend! ((hugs))

    ReplyDelete
  15. The flowers are so gorgeous and the new roofs look wonderful. I do kind of miss the moss but know these are much more practical. Stay safe Teresa.

    ReplyDelete

I absolutely love comments and thank you so much for taking time to leave me a note. :-)