Friday, September 4, 2020

A Bowl Story, Purple Shawl and More

I collect Fire King Jadeite dishes.  My mom used a Jadeite restaurant style coffee cup all the years of my childhood.  She drank coffee from the moment she woke up to when she went to bed.  I love it because it reminds me of the 50s and it's just pretty and durable.  


I bought a set of 4 nesting swirl mixing bowls some time ago, they are sizes 6, 7, 8 and 9 inches.  There IS a 5 inch bowl which I would love to find.  If any of my readers EVER see one, could you let me know where so I could try to buy it?  Also, if you want to grab it for me I would send the $$ for the bowl and shipping.. and send you a gift.  :-) And love you forever.  :-)


Funny story is I had two sets of these and had two extras so I gave my sister Denise and friend Shirley my extras as a xmas gift.  And lo and behold I just realized I gave my only 6 inch one away!  So, silly me, I had to find another one on Etsy and it arrived yesterday.  Now all that is missing is the smallest one, the 5 inch.



Do you have any Jadeite in your cabinet?


Here is my Jadeite shelf in my antique oak china cabinet, I have other pieces here and there also, like a batter bowl and S&Ps.


I thought I'd show you a closeup of my favorite design, Alice, which has flowers around it.


Dayle picked me a fresh bouquet of dahlias and a rose bud.  I adore having fresh flowers next to me.


Just sharing our little home with you.  


Now that I'm working on my purple shawl again, I asked my dear husband to hold the skein of yarn while I wound the ball.  This will be the first of the colorful lacy border.


Mocha warming my ankle while I work on the purple body of the shawl.  I thought I was done with the body but I may have to put a few more rows on it.  Not sure yet.  See the new tartan plaid collar I got for Mocha?  Her last one wore out.


I laid out the body on the table and placed my old pink shawl over and the purple is not as big.. ugh.. more purple to go.


This photo shows the pink of the red shamrock flowers.


Just a shot of our woods.  It won't be long until the vine maple turns colors.


A shot up on our 75-80 foot Douglas fir trees.


A shot of the barn from under the gazebo.


Wide angle shot from the same place.. love my iPhone ProMax that has a wide angle lens.


A different perspective.


The green shamrock covered with flowers.


A wide angle shot from the corner of the deck looking back at the deck, gazebo and woods - and Dayle's wintered over geraniums.


Lastly, a shot of the moon the other night.  :-)


So.. thanks for visiting my little space.  Thanks for all the lovely comments on my last post - it really gives me a boost and I appreciate it.  I hope you have a super weekend!!
((hugs)), Teresa :-)  


15 comments:

  1. My goodness you have lots and lots of jadeite. I sure hope you find the small bowl that you want. You seem to find lots of goodies online.
    Dahlias amaze me. There are so many variations of them. Shaggy, honeycomb, rounded petals, etc. My favorites are the honeycombs. So pretty.
    Mocha is beautiful in her new collar. Chloe could probably use a new one too. She's sure enjoying playing with the other dogs at the dogpark here. She ran so hard tonight that she's still sleeping 3 hours later.
    I hope you and Dayle have a nice relaxing weekend. We'll have a quiet one here and then we plan to leave on Thursday morning for another trip to Nebraska. The memorial service is next Saturday.
    Blessings and hugs,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow...a fabulous moon shot...I think the moon from this angle looks like a melon...the little round spot on the bottom where it could have been connected to a vine. It is lovely that your pretty Jadeite collection reminds you of a good memory of your mom. Thanks for the beautiful views of the Kasner farm and your progress on your shawl. I am cheering you on through your last rows of purple so that you can start using the pretty pink Dayle helped you wind. Happy Labor Day celebration! ((hugs)) :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I remember seeing those I Jadeite bowls years ago. My mom liked sanka coffee. I'm a tea drinker. ☕!the moon has been so pretty lately. It was fun to see it while watering my plants the other night. I did grab my ๐Ÿ“ท and took some shots of it. I'll be at home this weekend. May find something fun to watch. Making another shawl already? WOW! They are pretty. ๐Ÿ˜ take care.
    X------X

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have a lovely collection of Jadeite, I hope you find that last bowl. Gorgeous flowers, your home always looks so welcoming. Your grandfather clock is beautiful, I don't think I've seen it before. The decking must be a wonderful place to sit, and it still looks lovely and warm with you. There's a definite chill in the air here. I've got lots of gardening to do this weekend though, which will no doubt warm me up! CJ xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. You certainly have many lovely things and your home and yard are so nice! You are a lucky woman!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are blessed with a beautiful home and grounds, so nice to see it at different angles. Stunning jadeite collection not something that I have come across before. The dahlias are beautiful too, so nice to have a few right next to you. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your dishes are gorgeous!!! My mom also drank coffee from morning till night. I have no idea how she did it. One cup and my tummy needs a Tums. She collected Depression Glass. She collected one color for each of her girls. I don't have nearly enough space to display any of it so it sits sadly in a box at the moment. Araignee

    ReplyDelete
  8. I noticed we had a full moon the other night. It's amazing how it changes in size, when the sun stays the same. I think I missed that lesson at school!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, what a great shot of the Harvest moon, Teresa! And your Jadeite collection is lovely. I'll be on the lookout for a 5 inch for you. I really like how you display it all in your lovely cabinet. Do you use it for family dinners, etc? Again your flowers always make me smile. I too love having cut flowers inside. Why not?

    ReplyDelete
  10. Teresa, Your shot of the moon is so clear and delightful. Ours went up as an orange moon on its way past the horizon. I know there are a bunch of planets you can see, right now. Saturn? Jupiter?

    I love your little sit spots. Id love to sit with you today my wise and fun friend.
    I emailed you some local Fireside King pieces on my Facebook marketplace. No luck with a 5 inch , but I will continue to look around a bit. I loved the mixing bowl. So email sent. Hugs to all. Storming here and hummingbirds are hungry.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Always enjoy the pics of your beautiful home and surrounding area.

    ReplyDelete
  12. As they say you learn something every day!!!I didn't know that type of glass is called Jadeite. I know it as Jade milk glass. I recall my Gran had some like this way back when I was a child. I have checked on Etsy for you which I expect you have done also....no 5inch bowls ...a 7inch only. However I will definitely keep it in mind....!! Thank you for those beautiful snapshots of your home..the deck looks so inviting!! stay safe Amanda x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Teresa, I love the crochet border on the edge of the shelves where you keep your Jadeite glass collection - it's beautiful. My mother loved crocheting borders for her dinning room and kitchen shelves too. Thank you for your generosity in sharing your beautiful world!

    ReplyDelete
  14. The moon was so beautiful. I saw it on my way to work in the morning just as it was starting to lighten up outside. i love the Jadeite, such a great color and wonderful memories of your Mom. Stay safe Teresa.

    ReplyDelete
  15. You always get the best moon shots, Teresa!

    I so enjoy seeing all your flowers and trees. I hope you aren't affected by any of the wildfires.

    My mom also drank coffee from a Jadeite mug. Seeing your photos brought it all back. I don't think there was a matching saucer, just the mug, very utilitarian in shape but beautiful in color.

    Hope you find that 5" bowl!

    ReplyDelete

I absolutely love comments and thank you so much for taking time to leave me a note. :-)