Friday, October 2, 2020

Birthday Picnic, Taci's Needle Minders & Vintage Jadite

Today we had a lovely birthday luncheon for my friend Shirley and sister Denise.  It was a nice warm day and blue skies and we so enjoyed chatting away.  


My fabulous younger sister Made a cheesy, spinach frittata for us and then made these amazing spiced pumpkin gluten-free muffins for dessert as Shirley does not eat wheat flour.  I brought out my vintage Jadeite "Alice" plates for us to use.


They were beautiful as well as delicious!  


Denise gifted Shirley with a fun big mug and some useful hand-sewn items she'd made.  I gave Shirley a Shawnee Corn mug from my collection as she is collecting them also and she loved receiving it.


My friend Taci whom I met via my blog is making some really cute magnetic needle minders.  She sent this one to me.  I have lost so many needles while doing handwork so I am so happy to get this.  

Here Etsy Store - click HERE


This is so cute as it's tiny miniature embroidery hoop.  I may even make a necklace to wear it on while doing handwork.  


Thank you, Taci!!


We took Mocha to the groomer on Wed and here she is cuddling with her daddy all sweet smelling and soft to the touch.


I ordered some netting for our pond and Dayle spread it out and instead of the pegs you're supposed to use he held it down with rocks.  I'm convinced that the heron will land on the edge and knock the rocks off and get the fish.  SPEAKING OF WHICH...


While the 3 of us were chatting away like magpies my sister said.. LOOK.. a blue heron!  It was just 15 feet away from us wanting to eat the rest of my fish!!!!!!!!  When she said that I turned to look and saw the huge monster flying away!  And WORSE yet.. Dayle came out to visit with us and Denise saw it AGAIN.. so did I.. and Shirley stomped on the deck to scare it away.  GRRRR.. I am SO worried about our koi!  So, I asked Dayle to put the old window screens on TOP of the netting.  Sigh.  


Dayle made shrimp and grits for our dinner last night.  YUM!


I have joined a group on Facebook called "Jadite Junkies".. lol.  I may or may not have gotten a little juiced up to add to my collection.  And these items below will be arriving next week.


And this little pair of S&P shakers.. I may have made a mistake buying these as one of the lids is missing.. the S one.  I may have a devil of a time finding a lid for this.  These are a match to my swirl mixing bowl set.


When Kristi was here for a few weeks she brought her air purifier and it seemed to work well, so this is a new item in our house to keep our air clean.  Kind of big, though.. but it cleans 1500 square feet of space!


Last night was a full moon so I went out at 11:30 to snap a photo of it.  Dayle said.. it was red a few hours ago.. and you did not inform me of this?  Argh!  :-)


I missed my Wed blog post due to I had a followup eye appt and then we had to go get Mocha from the groomer.  I'm not sure anyone notice.  :-)

Have a fabulous weekend!!  ((hugs)), Teresa :-)  


20 comments:

  1. I noticed you did not post on Wednesday. I have my favorites I check in with.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I noticed you didn’t write wed! Live the jadeite. Enjoy it!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I noticed too, but thought you had mentioned an eye check-up in a comment I read somewhere ๐Ÿ˜Š ๐ŸŽถHappy Birthday๐ŸŽถ to Shirley and Denise! Thanks for the link to Taci's shop. I hope your fish defense works! Love to you and Dayle and love pats to Mocha ๐Ÿ’ž

    ReplyDelete
  4. Always notice Teresa but my blog is occasional now. Lovely food and oh boy that crazy heron better get lost lol Dayle looks good (does he still need glasses) and Mocha too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I’m so glad you got your needle minder and so happy you liked it. Thank you for posting a link to my shop. I got an air purifier also and love it. So glad you had fun with your sister and friend. Mocha looks very cute . Have a great weekend my friend. ๐Ÿ˜˜

    ReplyDelete
  6. I noticed as well! Your meal looked lovely and so did the needle keeper. Mocha looks sweet and Dale looks well. A great photo of that moon! I hope that naughty heron keeps away and that you have a restful weekend. Jennie❤️๐Ÿพ

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the needle minder and I think it would be a great idea to make a necklace for it. Oh that mischievous blue heron; hope he doesn’t get the koi. Glad you had a great time with your friends. B x

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think that Blue Heron is counting your place as part of his hunting ground......reckon he needs a really good scare to get him to clear off!! So very glad to hear Taci is well and has started up her own shop on Etsy!!Needle minders I like the sound of that...going to pop in and see. I did notice she wasn't blogging anymore...such a shame )-: Just love your jadeite collection that I was enviously admiring on your previous post :-) Enjoy your weekend Amanda x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your deck still looks so warm and welcoming. It is cold and wet here and I'm missing the sunshine. I love the magnetic needle holder, genius, and so pretty. Also your new Jadeite jars, a lovely add for your collection. I hope you have a good weekend. CJ xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. I noticed! Of course I did. I was going to text you and then I realized it was almost midnight so I thought I shouldn't.
    Your needleminder is beautiful. I've been going to order one but haven't found one that I liked. I'm going to check out Taci's shop.
    Your party looks like it was filled with fun gifts, delicious food and best of all, GREAT company. I want to meet your sister someday and I think Shirley is so sweet. I love all of the Jadeite. Where in the world do you find to keep it all?
    That heron! How frustrating for you and Dayle. He's a determined pest isn't he? They are beautiful birds but not when they're after your fish family.
    Take care my friend. We're out camping in the boonies and I couldn't get any signal last night so I'm trying to catch up this morning while I have phone service.
    Blessing and a HUGE hug,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  11. We have never seen a heron in our yard before and two days ago a huge one was sitting right on top of the log pile. I thought of you and your battle with them. It was pretty but kind of scary looking up close. Araignee

    ReplyDelete
  12. Teresa, I have recently discovered your blog, it is lovely.
    What are grits? I am in the UK.
    Bev

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Beverley, welcome to my blog, I'm glad you found me!

      The word grits actually comes from the Middle English word “gyrt”. It is the outer bran of any whole grain. The whole grain found in grits is corn. Native Americans were actually some of the first who would grind up the kernels into cornmeal and make porridge. That is considered the first pot of grits. Next early settlers would make grits by taking the corn, turning it into hominy and then removing the corn and grinding into grits.

      Delete
  13. So sorry the heron is being such a pest! He sounds like a determined one. Hopefully he will move on to another spot soon. What fun to have a party on your deck. Enjoy the rest of the weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hmmmm. That heron is tormenting you....love the new salt pepper shakers

    ReplyDelete
  15. I had noticed, you are always missed when you don't post. Loved the needle minder, such a clever idea. Looks like such a fun party, with some great food too. Hope Dayle is doing well these days.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I am a fellow Fire King collector. I have some Jadeite swirl mixing bowls and some azurite blue, charm luncheon ware. Along with some odds and ends. I love the Jadeite restaurant ware. I hope the Heron goes away! My goodness!

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a nice luncheon you had! The needle minder is a good idea and so cute. I hope the netting will keep that blasted bird away from your fish. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Sad that the blue heron is annoying you again! Hopefully it will stop it soon! I'm glad you had a good time together for a birthday. Food looks delicious! I like the needle minder. I did look it up on Taci's site. Maybe!! I've not cross stitched in awhile. I am feeling better. I did go on a walk this evening as well.....nice! Take care my friend!!! {------} Becky

    ReplyDelete
  19. clean your silverware with a paste of table salt and ketchup. dont get it on the mother of pearl. Its natural and easy on the lungs thank you for blogging it brings me JOY

    ReplyDelete

I absolutely love comments and thank you so much for taking time to leave me a note. :-)