Wednesday, October 7, 2020

Caught in the Act

So.. I got Dayle a trail camera for Christmas like almost 2 years ago and finally got it set up to keep an eye out on the evil prehistoric monster koi murderer, aka Great Blue Heron.  Look what we captured at 7:10 last evening!!!!


And here is the video.. be sure and watch it to the end!



We also captured this little masked bandit.



Isn't he a sneaky little guy?



See his fluffy ringed tail?  I have the trail cam inside now to download the last 24 hours.  Who knows what I'll find?



I met my friend Shirley and her dear husband John yesterday to pick up my new 100-150 year old wine demijohn.  John cleaned it up for me by putting soapy water and rice inside and swirling it around.  How sweet of him!  I was worried I'd have a car wreck and break it on the way home.. lol.  It was handblown in France to hold wine and I just love it.



Us enjoying the deck and keeping an eye on the koi.  Dayle took Mocha out for a walk last night and she ran barking at the garden shed and lo and behold that darn heron was there on the deck and took off right before their eyes.  Dayle is very proud of his heron scaring guard dog.



Isn't my jug a pretty color with a lovely shape?



My new little Jadeite bud vase.  :-)



The Temple Bell plant is having a second wind.



Aren't they pretty?



I have an old bottle that is wrapped in rattan that I actually got when my mom was downsizing.  It's a sister to the demijohn and is brown glass.  In fact, the big jug started it's life after being blown a basketmaker wrapped it in rattan/wicker which is how they protected them during shipping.



Mom's jug.



This still has it's cork in the neck.



I was late to post today as I had to go get another Covid-19 test so I can get my 2nd eye surgery on Friday.  I have to be at the hospital at 5:30 am and if you know me.. I am NOT a morning person so this is going to kill me.  Bleh.  Our wonderful son Travis and DIL Kristi have been here all day - scrubbing the exterior of the trailer and unloading a ton of pellets into our garage for winter.  I stopped on the way home and got Popeye's chicken sandwiches for us all and also picked up Kristi a latte and Dayle and I some blended mochas.  We dined al fresco on the deck and visited with each other.  So.. thanks for popping by to visit here with me!!  ((hugs)), Teresa :-)  

16 comments:

  1. Gosh all the best with you eye op Teresa. How annoying with the heron and racoon.....Must do another blog post but maybe when we are away....no commenters anymore lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. High drama at the Kasner Farm! I am glad your defense system, [including brave Mocha] is protecting the Koi. Thanks for letting us see so much of interest and beauty around you. πŸ™πŸ’žπŸ€—

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just love your new jug, it is soooo pretty! I hope your koi killers tire of trying to get through the screens and go elsewhere to find food.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'll mark down Friday for extra prayers for you My friend. I'll pray to St. Lucy of sight and light. The one who is holding her eyeballs on a plate. The gory story is that she was told to marry some old dude, and she stabbed her eyes out to become spinster material. No stabbing for yoU! Just great care, I hope . Im so glad your son and Kristi are coming together to help . Such a great family. I don't know about those herons. Seems everyone has them and they are determined to eat the koi. If I hear a good tip, I'll let you know

    ReplyDelete
  5. That trail cam is catching some great footage. The nasty heron needs his comeuppance. I wish I could think of something. And now a raccoon is tring to join in the "fun". Good for Mocha scaring the heron away. Little dogs are so brave.
    Your bottles and flowrs are so pretty. I would be afraid to touch that big one because it looks really delicate.
    At least with all of these tests you can be sure you don't have covid. I'll be praying for you and for your surgery to be successful and as pain-free as possible. I'm so glad you have Travis and Kristi so close and so helpful too. It's so wonderful to have family nearby.
    Blessings and hugs,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's quite the find on the video...blue heron then a raccoon! We've had raccoon in our lawn time and again. Haven't seen any lately. We do have adorable squirrels though and lots of birds. I am glad Mocha barked at the heron and it flew away and hope it stays away. Go find something in the river....of course, Koi are speciality fish. Ha! Hope they are going to be ok. Lovely flowers. Praying all goes well with your eye surgery on Friday! Take care and have a good rest of your week, Teresa and Dayle! ;. } x======x Becky

    ReplyDelete
  7. What fabulous photos especially the blue heron and your night visitor. I saw a blue heron at the mill yesterday. It was clearly looking for something to eat in the stream. Hope your koi stay safe. B x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous new demijohn, amazing that it was handblown. Well done Mocha for taking on the heron! I hope the next surgery goes well for you and that you have a quick recovery period. Lovely that Travis and Kirsti came and helped you out and that you got to see them for a while. Look after yourself my friend, sending hugs, CJ xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. What fun to have a trail camera, who knows what you will capture. Hope all goes well with the eye surgery. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow...those are some naughty critters. My neighbor had a little pond in her front yard but just covered over it with a new patio last weekend. I wonder if that is why. We are crawling with critters here too. I never thought about the damage they would do to fish. Araignee

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am amazed your fish have lasted as long as they have with all of these predators trying to get them! You will have to google and see how other pond owners keep their fish safe! That jug is lovely - what a treasure! Good luck with your surgery!

    ReplyDelete
  12. hello lovely, Autumnal blessings to you and yours ;)
    what a wonderful catch up ive been having here...ive having techy issues with my laptop and will have to soon use for tablet more often but i was trying to remember my passwords eeekkk...but i made it in wow like magic hehe!
    Just adore your yarny pumpkins and what delightful though naughty visitors to your garden...amazing to picture that.
    soooo much beautiful colours in Autumn/fall...just love the beauty of it all ...take care of yourself as well, well wishes x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Teresa. Oh my goodness you have a job on your hands keeping the koi safe from that bird!!! Will be thinking of you re the eye op. I am not a morning person either and hate early appointments. Take care. Anne x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh my! I love that old glass jug...it is gorgeous! I have a small one with the wicker around it that I love. Hope things go well for you this week! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your handblown demijohn is beautiful, a really good find. I am sorry to hear that the heron is still visiting to try and get our fish, I guess they are easy pickings for it! I am glad to hear that you have a heron scaring dog!

    ReplyDelete
  16. oh my gosh that heron is so still as a rock I though my video had frozen! Love your wine jug, what history :) Hope you can keep the wildlife at bay this weekend :)
    Wren x

    ReplyDelete

I absolutely love comments and thank you so much for taking time to leave me a note. :-)