Wednesday, November 25, 2020

Autumn Barn

Greeting, my friends!  I was inspired by the photo of our Autumn leaves and our barn that a local woman captured, so on our way home from running a few errands the other day we got this shot from the other vantage point, from the car!  The yellow leaves are on our weeping Birch, the red is the Pin Oak and the orange is the Chestnut tree.  Kind of fun.. in the foreground are dried Queen Anne's Lace.


The Walnut tree is naked, to it's left and right in the foreground are our two ancient pear trees.  


Trying to capture some red leaves before the oak tree is naked for months and mooonnnntttthhhhs.


Now for a funny story about my dear husband.  He keeps informing me that I have enough Jadeite.  I smile and agree.  Yes, dear.  You're right, dear.  Grin.  WELL.. now who do you think went on craigslist to see if they had any Jadeite?  Take all the time you need.  Give up?  OK, I'll tell you.  It was DAYLE!  He said, look, 5 bowls for $40.  So, I contact the seller, offer $30 and she accepted.  So, off we went to NE Portland to the Alameda district and the woman brought them right to the car for us.  6 bucks each.  I just looked on eBay and ONE of them is $45 including the shipping.  


The are marked Fire-King on the bottom which is good, some are not marked but all of these are.


The saga does not end there, no my friends, there is more.  He also likes to look at Facebook Marketplace and guess what he found the next day?  A silver teapot and sugar.  The lady was asking a very reasonable amount and then she showed me a candlestick and marked it down so we got all three.  This is the guy that was telling me to stop buying things.  Silly boy.


This blanket brings me much joy, it is the Woodland design by Lucy at Attic24 blog. 


Lucy just launched a new blanket design called Meadow and so I clicked on the link her website and ordered the yarn package so I can join her blanket CAL (crochet-a-long).


Here is Lucy's yarn selection for the blanket project.  I borrowed these images from her website to show you.  This will bring such colorful joy to work on this winter.


Dayle made us a wonderful split pea with ham soup in the InstantPot.  I showed you the soup cookbook we bought for the IP not long ago.  It was fanTAStic!  He used 2 small ham hocks, some ham chopped small, onion, carrots, potatoes, garlic, bay leaf, S&P, and chicken stock.. and of course the dried split peas.  The actual cooking time was only 15 minutes, but you have to heat it up and cool it down, including prep 1 1/2 hours.  Delish!


If you celebrate Thanksgiving, I wish for you a happy day full of good food and thankfulness.  Be safe.  ((hugs)), Teresa :-)  

*:._.:*~*:._.:*~*:._.:*~*:._.:*~*:._.:*:._.:*~*:._.:*:._.:*
*H*A*P*P*Y* *T*H*A*N*K*S*G*I*V*I*N*G*!*!*
*:._.:*~*:._.:*~*:._.:*~*:._.:*~*:._.:*:._.:*~*:._.:*:._.:* 


12 comments:

  1. Such beautiful pictures of your red barn! So funny that Dayle is now treasure hunting too and found those lovely pieces. Your new yarn and Lucy’s latest blanket will be a joy to crochet. ( I hope this comment posts ok as the one I left on your last post disappeared!) Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family dear Teresa XXX

    ReplyDelete
  2. πŸƒπŸ‚Happy Thanksgiving!πŸ‚πŸƒThank you, Teresa, Dayle and family for sharing the beautiful views around the Kasner Farm...and of the pretty collections of things. I look forward to watching you stitch the Meadow, Teresa, and wonder if it is a stitch I could master. I like the look of it! Love pats for Mocha. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family! Your Dayle is so sweet to you! Lovely treasures found!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Thanksgiving Teresa and Dayle. A devoted hubby for sure buying you what you love. Getting warm weather here and keeping safe. πŸ˜€πŸ˜€

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the photos of your barn. I can't wait to see your CAL blanket, I just love the colors. I think it's great that Dayle is helping you out with your purchases! Have a happy Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  6. YouR pin oak is amazing and the Dayle story is hysterical. !!! Good job on getting a great price.
    Happy Thanksgiving Teresa and Dayle. SO glad you both had successful eye surgeries and Dale is 100% healthy again! Phew.
    I wanted to mention to you that I learned that if a cross or religious item ( Consider angels religious) breaks, you must bury or burn it. I won't burn an angel! But I did bury her today because she was broken. My celtic cross fell off the hook one day last month and I just did not know how to handle it. So I looked it up. Bury it. I put it by Dear Bear Bear ashes. So anyhow, I'm so thankful for my blog pals. Happy Thanksgiving.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Uh-oh! You two are in trouble now with both of you perusing FB Marketplace. That was a fantastic deal on the bowls wasn't it? Pretty teapot set too.
    I love the photos of the farm. I hope we can visit again before we move back home.
    Your split pea soup sounds like the same recipe I used last week.
    I saw the new blanket on Lucy's blog but I just can't bring anything else into the RV. Maybe the next one I'll be somewhere with more room. Meanwhile, I can enjoy watching yours progress.
    You two take extra care tomorrow and have a wonderful Thanksgiving. Kisses to Mocha and hello to Dayle for Dennis and I.
    Blessings and hugs,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  8. Loved the photos of the barn it looks wonderful. What a bargain find with the bowls, naughty Dayle lol! Love the blanket looks perfect in the chair. Thanks for leaving the tip about oiling the wooden spoons I am going to do that later today. Have a great Thanksgiving weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  9. How gorgeous your barn looks amongst the autumn trees. I know what you mean about them being bare for months, I was just looking out of the window this morning thinking the same thing. Dayle made me smile finding things online for you. The bowls are brilliant, a great bargain, and I love, love, love the silver. Lucy's meadow blanket is going to be gorgeous isn't it. I love all those warm purply colours. Hope you're having a good Thanksgiving and that you have a lovely weekend as well. CJ xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. such a beautiful barn and especially nest to the Autumnal colours in the trees and on your beautiful farm land... Happy Thanksgiving!
    looks such a wonderful area where you live, love your yarny makes and your beautiful home wares and collections...such treasure! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hello Teresa. Lovely photos of such lovely things. Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family. Take care and stay safe. Anne x

    ReplyDelete
  12. I’m having another go at posting a comment, not sure what happened to the last one. Love the way Dayle went out and found you some more. Men are funny creatures. The barn looks beautiful against all the autumn colour. I’m trying to decide about Lucy’s blanket. I love the colours. Hope you had a great thanks giving. B x

    ReplyDelete

I absolutely love comments and thank you so much for taking time to leave me a note. :-)