Friday, December 25, 2020

🎄 Christmas 2020 🎄

❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ 
🎄*M*E*R*R*Y* *C*H*R*I*S*T*M*A*S*!*🎄
❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ ❉ 
   
🎄 We had our "bubble" family over for Christmas Eve dinner yesterday, our son Travis, DIL Kristi and grandsons Hayden and Caleb.  Dayle roasted a perfect 20 lb. turkey, made his signature dressing of bread, sage, celery, parsley and onions, I made my candied yams, whipped the potatoes, made the turkey gravy with giblets, helped with the green bean casserole, and we had cranberry sauce, scissor rolls and sparkling cider.  Kristi peeled potatoes, stirred gravy and was very helpful in the kitchen.  Travis and the boys even pitched in to get everything on the table.  :-)

 
Kristi made a Christmas cake for us, a chocolate peppermint one.  I set the table with our special dishes, silver and crystal goblets.


Dayle pulled the turkey out of the oven and we put in the candied yams and green bean casserole and got busy on the whipped potatoes and gravy.  


Dayle's turkey was spectacularly flavorful and tender.  The wet spot was from a cider opening oopsie.. lol.


I might go as far as to say it was the tastiest turkey dinner ever!


I could not finish.. but it was deeeeliscious!


I've been fascinated with the British custom of having a Christmas cake.. so Kristi made one for us!  It is chocolate cake with a peppermint filling and Italian buttercream frosting.


Isn't it beautiful!!


She also made Aunt Eileen's lemon cheesecake.  Nummy!


After dinner we retired to the living room and exchanged gifts and had our dessert by the fire.  We talked about all kinds of things and old times and it made this grandma's heart swell with love and thankfulness for the closeness of our family.


Kristi made this amazing "diamond dots" picture for Dayle.  Each sparkling gem is set in to make this image.  We need to find just the right place for it.  Thanks, Kristi!




I found some palm trees for my Nativity set, what do you think?  :-)


I have been enjoying receiving Christmas cards from family and friends far and wide.  I always appreciate the effort people take in sending cards to touch bases with us.  


Jadeite Santas came through, Travis and Kristi gave me a Fire King C-handle mug and a pair of Jane Ray tea cups and saucers and Dayle gave me a Jane Ray oval platter and of course the compote and candle holders I opened early. Kristi also made me a loaf of fruitcake which I had for breakfast and it was delicious!  My daughter Amy sent me a box of chocolate covered Macadamia nuts, a tube of Tahitian Gardenia Body Butter lotion and a roll-on vial of Tahitian perfume.  She sent things to remind me of the good times I had when I lived in Hawaii when I was 18.  I feel spoiled!

 
The cups my son and Kristi got came from the alpine village they visited recently.  :-)


We sent funds for a new computer for granddaughter Jenna, her dad Jay pitched in and got her a really nice one.  She looks very happy!


Paige is happy with the pink headphones and mouse we sent.


And look.. Amy is having a White Christmas!  This is the view from her front window!  


We are about to warm up leftovers for dinner.  I am looking forward to that!  We are spending the day watching a marathon of Hallmark Channel Christmas movies.  And I am happy and content.  I am wishing for each of you joy and love.  And most of all... 

*:._.:*~*:._.:*~*:._.:*~*:._.:*~*:._.:*:._.:*

  *H*A*P*P*Y* *N*E*W* *Y*E*A*R*!*

*:._.:*~*:._.:*~*:._.:*~*:._.:*~*:._.:*:._.:*


((hugs)), Teresa :-)  


 


16 comments:

  1. Fabulous Teresa and merry xmas to you all. We are yet to see anyone lol Today is boxing day so I am driving to my girls work so we can hug ❤❤ May see little ones 2morrow. ❤❤🎄🎄

    ReplyDelete
  2. Although I am not in Ohio like Amy, getting to see snowy Mt. Hood in between rain storms has helped me celebrate a bit of a white Christmas here near Portland, OR, as well! I'm glad you have been able to enjoy celebrating Christmas online and with some of your family at home! Mostly I have been texting, or emailing or calling or writing folks to celebrate Christmas, but am grateful to have shared a meal with my youngest daughter and her husband yesterday also. Merry Blessed Christmas to you Teresa and Dayle❤️🎄❤️🎄🌟

    ReplyDelete
  3. Merry Christmas, Teresa! Looks like you had a lovely celebration. That cake is smashing, and your Christmas decor is so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like you all had a wonderful day. That cake Kristi made looks absolutely decadent. Lovely that friends/family are still sending cards. Happy holidays!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a wonderful day you had Teresa. The boys are getting so tall! We were able to video chat with almost all of our kids and Piper too in one big group chat with Alex, Tara and her family in London and Brad, Mandy & Piper in Nebr. I love those times. Tara's family were all dressed up in suits and ties. I was kind of embarrassed when I remembered how we were all in our jammies last year as we opened gifts. She loved it though. Her family is SO nice and welcoming us with video chats whenever they are all together.
    Kristie's cake was fantastic and I can almost smell the turkey and dressing. We had ham, potatoes and gravy, green bean casserole, etc. It was way too much for the two of us and we'll be eating it for days.
    Have a wonderful weekend my dear friend.
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks like a fun time with your family. We were by ourselves but it was fun anyway. We even played a French car race game this afternoon. It was rainy and cold today. I did see a bit of snow in the rain this morning. I watched Call the Midwife Christmas show this evening. I miss not watching it with Megan as we usually do but it's ok. Life is good. Have a good weekend and stay warm and happy! x------x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Splendid Teresa!! Brilliant setting for what was obviously a fabulous meal with your family. That cake looks really scrumptious. Boxing Day is Sr P's birthday so we are off out for a little outing....going where our car takes us! Enjoy!! Amanda x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Glad you had a lovely family Christmas. It looks so cosy there. B x

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a wonderful day, it sounds perfect. So glad you managed to spend time with your family, and lovely to see your granddaughters as well. Enjoy the next few days too, CJ xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. How lovely! Your dinner looks so delicious. I was missing my Mom's Christmas dinner last night. She always made a turkey with all the trimmings too. For some reason I was really craving some pumpkin pie. Araignee

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hello Teresa. I am so pleased you could celebrate with some of your family. Your dinner looked delicious. The cake was yummy looking. I have made a traditional Christmas Cake, it is fruit cake, covered in marzipan and Royal Icing. After a very traditional lunch yesterday we had Christmas Pudding made by a friend. Our lunch is same as I have made/had for many many years. Exactly as mum did and her mum. I love traditions. I am making same dinner today, as mum would do. Enjoy rest of your celebrations. Hugs Anne x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow! What a lovely Christmas feast! I am especially impressed with your DIL's cake and cheese cake - looks delicious! Glad you had a joyous day.
    Best wishes for a happy, healthy 2021!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Yours sounds and looks like a wonderful Christmas Day. How wonderful to spend time with your bubble family. I made a traditional Christmas cake (like Anne in the comments above) but we have not cut into it yet. It lasts for ages so not a problem. The cake Kristie made looks yummy. Have a wonderful few days xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Sounds like a wonderful day. Paige is wearing Buckeye gear just like I am at this very minute. Stay safe Teresa.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Okay, I take it you do the dishes Teresa~!!! hahahahha
    THe turkey looks fantastic. >Someone just gave me a tip. When she makes soup with the bones, she tops each bowl of turkey soup with a ball of dressing that she starts in the freezer . Love this idea.
    Also Krisit is amazing with those cakes. I love to see the look of your home. Thank you for letting us into see the love and the beauty.
    Love that you are doing an inaugrual calander with us!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thank you so much for sharing your wonderful Christmas with us. We were supposed to be with our eldest son and his family for Christmas, but they live in Surrey, so were locked down in Tier 4. Our daughter and her partner took us with them to his parents who cooked us a wonderful meal. We'd spent the previous two days with my 92 year old father who lives alone, taking him to a doctor's appointment, delivering Christmas cards and presents while I cooked him a Christmas Eve dinner before we left for home. (I do all his cooking) Your daughter in law's cake looks amazing but it isn't a Christmas cake, that is always a fruit cake. I can let you have the recipe from the 1977 Good Housekeeping cookbook I use if you would like it. I made a suetless Christmas pudding this year (because hubby forgot the suet!) combining a suetless recipe and my grandmother's wartime recipe which uses carrots instead of eggs. It worked really well.

    ReplyDelete

I absolutely love comments and thank you so much for taking time to leave me a note. :-)