Friday, February 5, 2021

Growing Things and Lights

I walked out on a half dry deck in my stocking feet to breathe in some fresh air and snap a few photos.. look.. some blue sky!


The daffodils are going to open soon and my papyrus plant is still green in the creek!  Here is my long needle pine I dug up in a forest when it was only 5 inches tall.  I simply must decide where to plant it this summer and get it in the ground.


Same forest same adopted tree, Dayle's little Bonsai.  


Back inside with damp socks.. my shamrock is flowering.. I do adore my green and red shamrocks.  


Our large pot of 3 color varieties of Christmas cactus is getting quite literally gigantic!  It's happy as a clam.  It's being watered once a week, on Sundays, all the houseplants do.


My red Hibiscus is also getting full and leafy and green and is still not flowering like it used to before I repotted it in this huge pot.  What the heck?


I'm happily crocheting along on my blanket.  It's getting nice and big and warming my lap as I work on it.  


We got another pair of small lamps to spread light in the house and the lampshades arrived today.  I'm quite pleased with them.  When you order online you are never quite sure if the scale with fit the lamp but these are perfect sized.  I think these are called boudoir lamps?


Valentine's Day is in 9 days!


I made these bead and sequin embellished felt heart pins over 20 years ago and wear them each year during this time.. but where am I going wear anything now?  I have a zoom meeting with my DAR (Daughters of the American Revolution) group on Monday, so I guess I'll wear one then.  


We watched a series called "The Flight Attendant" with Kaley Cuoco and Rosie Perez.. and she asked her husband to bring home his laptop so she could bid on a jadeite butter dish!  Then later in the series they showed her collection behind her.  How fun is that?


I think it's funny seeing her collection on TV with some of my collection in front of the show.  :-)


Well.. that's it for today.. no big plans for our weekend.. how about you?  ((hugs)), Teresa :-)  


18 comments:

  1. Blue sky!!! Love seeing that. Your blanket is growing so nicely. I like Dayle's Bonsai plant. How old is it? Have a good weekend Teresa!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Teresa, lovely to see blue sky and signs of new life. Gives us hope. We won't be doing a lot. May go a short walk if the weather allows. We not allowed to do much else during present Lockdown. :-( Take care. Anne x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I may have to check out the series.
    I love your oxalis!!!!
    Teresa HOW do you two manage to keep those pines like bonsai? I would LOVE LOVE LOVE to do that. HElp!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh lovely plants and Dayles bonsai. Lovely hearts ❤❤ Us still vanning and go to Coopers 4th birthday tomorrow afternoon in a big park distanced.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Now I have a little Spring Fever thanks to seeing all your thriving plants :) I think it is fun seeing some of your collection in front of hers. And I enjoy seeing your beautiful blanket grow! I have spent some time cuddled under my Snowman blanket the last few days. Tomorrow I plan to pick up groceries and Sunday spend the morning participating in some online worship services then watching some of the Super Bowl. 60 years ago I used to watch with my dad the K C. Chiefs play when we lived near Kansas City.((hugs)) :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I enjoyed seeing all of your beautiful plants and the jadeite on the TV show. Your new lamps are so pretty. I'm thinking I will need some new lamps when we move. We'll actually need quite a few things but I'm willing to wait to get what I want. Not expensive, but comfortable and useful. One thing I "think" I want are IKEA cubes to store my yarn in where I can see it. The nearest IKEA will be Kansas City so I hope I can order online and have things delivered. I can't believe a city as big as Omaha doesn't have one.
    How did I do that? Went off on a tangent. We call them "chasing rabbits!" I think I've been stuck inside by myself too long. Dennis is so tired after work that he usually falls asleep in his chair after dinner. So the evenings are alone too! I think I need to call and chat with you next week!
    Tell Dayle hi for us and give Mocha a big smooch.
    Blessings and hugs,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am so ready for spring here but winter has just decided to show up. So much for our mild winter. We are under another snow advisory today. I love it when folks in shows share my interests even though it's usually presented as quirky. My Valentines are made and in the mail. I hope they arrive before Easter. I'm still getting Christmas cards...lol.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your home... beautiful outside and inside!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Darling Teresa,

    Thank you for informing us about Jadeite. we had not heard of this before and it is a most intriguing and pretty material. No wonder you are hooked.

    The flower container you show reminds us of a shape always named after Constance Spry, the famous flower arranger. We have a book by Constance Spry awarded by her to a parent one year long ago as a prize!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am always confused by the weather you get out in the Northwest. I expect it to be cold, cold, cold but you are always getting spring before us here in the Midwest! Lucky you!
    I am amazed at the amount of Jadeite you have found and in such good condition?!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Delightful photos Teresa! I do like Dayle's bonsai it looks quite sturdy...such a beautiful shape to it. What is that I can see in your second picture hanging from the lamp post. Is it a bell? It is a bronze pryamind shape and has some oriental inscription on it....I think. Your table is wonderfully dressed all ready for St. Valentine's Day and the jadeite lamps look so elegant. keep well Amanda x

    ReplyDelete
  12. That's so funny watching one show with jadeite along with your lovely collection, Teresa! My shamrock is blooming as well. I planted a few of the little corms this summer and have another pot of shamrocks growing like a weed! Mine is white and loves the warm sunlight in our Florida room. I love Dayle's bonsai tree! So handsome. Enjoy your weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your plants are just beautiful... you have a very green thumb? Every day when I logon I wonder what new piece of Jadeite you will show us! I love the little lamps. I can so see them sitting on a dressing table.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow, how nice that you have green and growing things right now! They all look lovely, as do the new lamps.

    Your heart pins are so cute. I thought of you the other day when my eye fell on the Multnomah Falls pin you gave me (and designed).

    Here's to more sunny days. :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. My potted hibiscus trees took a big hit in the cold snap we had a few weeks ago. I didn't realize it was so cold, but they are too big to get in the house so I will just have to wait for them to recover. Your plants are so beautiful. Stay safe Teresa.

    ReplyDelete
  16. New lamps can bring so much cosiness. I much prefer small lamps like yours over the large ceiling lights. Signs of springs are signs of hope! Have a wonderful week x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Your indoor plants are lush and beautiful! My grandfather used to have these massive Christmas Cactus' in hanging baskets and recently I bought a few hoping to have his success. 1 is small but established and the othersare cuttings i have had to strike myself which has proven a little tricky. Wish me luck!
    Your Jadite collection is expanding rapidly! It's so cool when you see 'your' things on a tv show. I get that way when I see crochet blankets in the backgrounds on my favourite tv shows!
    Xox Louise

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love your mention of signs of Spring. The lamps are looking beautiful with their new shades. Beautiful blue skies and gorgeous heart pins, an uplifting post.

    ReplyDelete

I absolutely love comments and thank you so much for taking time to leave me a note. :-)