Monday, March 8, 2021

New Roses

Dayle surprised me with a dozen roses when we were out running errands the other day.  These were a fun surprise as they are such a bright and pretty color, deep yellow rimmed in orange.  Quite uplifting.


They look nice with my lad and lassie and their lamb.


He put on his chef hat (not really.. maybe I should get him one?) and made a French style roast chicken dinner for us.  He's getting so good at this recipe!  


We took Mocha to the groomer's - Ally's Pet Spa - and she wanted to show you how cute she looks.  :-)


We had a very low key and relaxing weekend and I put more rows on my Meadow blanket.  I did not keep up with the organized CAL on Lucy's blog and they are done.. but I'm okay with that.  It's all good.  I really like this one.


Then yesterday he whipped up browned butter fried rice with peas, celery, carrots, onions, scrambled eggs from our hens and soy sauce, topped with sauteed large shrimp with some garlic and teriyaki sauce.  MMM!


And the darling man picked me 3 new daffodils as the first two were spent.  Good thing we have enough in the garden that we don't miss them when we bring a few in.  More interesting varieties to bloom soon.


What joyfulness to have these harbingers of Spring right next to me.  


I spotted this image on Facebook and had to share it with you - it's a different vantage point of the Yaquina Head Lighthouse I've showed you many times - and shows the city of Newport lit up on the shore.  Isn't this cool?  Do you think it was a drone or someone on a helicopter that got this shot?


I have a zoom meeting with my Daughters of the American Revolution chapter today.  I hope it goes better than last time, we spent most of the meeting trying to get people allowed in.  LOL!

Our son continues to improve.  I'm just now beginning to feel less stressed by his near miss.  I quite literally can't imagine life without our dear boy.  He's such a good son and husband and father and everyone that knows him thinks the world of him.  

I hope you have a wonderful week ahead.  ((hugs)), Teresa :-)  


18 comments:

  1. Beautiful,beautiful roses Teresa! I so love the orange tinge around the edges. Dayle does spoil you :-) The meals do indeed look scrumptious and such a well laid table with your gorgeous roses blending in so well with the green of your table decorations. I have just finished watching the second season of Conspiracy of Witches and I have to agree with you it is a really well made series as they mix history with fantasy so well. I so hope season three wont be long in coming. keep well. Amanda x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I forgot to add...what an amazing photo of the lighthouse! A x

      Delete
  2. Dayle is a good one! Love those roses and nice to see the daffs in bloom.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so glad Travis is continuing to do well. That's really wonderful! Your husband is so nice to treat you with great meals and beautiful roses. I'd say he's a keeper! I have a great one too, but he doesn't cook! Lol!
    The lighthouse photo is gorgeous. I imagine it's from a drone. Do you know? Have a happy week, my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Teresa, Im all sleepy right now. Cant recall if I already left you a note? Oh well. You get two ! Maybe
    Love that Dayle brings your roses. Love that you can begin to breathe again. Your son's heart attack is no small thing. Thank God he had his brother and all the angels he had around him. And sweet Mocha, you look amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Pretty flowers AND yummy dinners? What a great guy! Araignee

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are ahead of me on Lucy's CAL. My yarn is sitting here next to me in the bag is arrived in. I think I need to look at the stitch and decide if I'll do it or just wing something else. Love the colors, but crochet is not my favorite thing. My daffodils are open in the last day. I brought in 3 for now. Love spring and the flowers opening. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. What an uplifting, happy and content post Teresa. Thank you for that. The flowers are all so beautiful. I could do with a restful day at the farm with you, sitting and crocheting together and Mocha on my lap. Dayle could make either of those wonderful looking dishes for us! :-) I so enjoyed seeing the photos and hearing that Travis is continuing to do well. What an amazing miracle and blessing that is. I'm so glad Kristi knew what to do and didn't panic. She's a keeper too!
    Dennis's Mom continues to go downhill. She still can't walk, can't eat and now her lungs are compromised. She does have a raging infections and they don't know if the Moderna vaccine on Friday put her over the edge. This is so hard being so far away. Since Dennis and I are now in the middle of our vaccine cycle, we've been advised to stay here and finish them. I will probably be heading to Nebraska at that point to be with Mom and give the girls a break. Mandy is taking time off work tomorrow to be at the hospital with her. That's hard since she just started this job.
    No side effects as yet from my Pfizer jab this morning. I hope that continues.
    Blessings and hugs,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful flowers Teresa lucky you ❤❤ I am currently supporting a dear friend in her recent grief. Flowers lift her and giving her my crochet chicken too

    ReplyDelete
  9. Dear Teresa, they look like the sun in your house, the beautifull roses and happy daffodils! I will have to put more bulbs in my garden for the next season! ;-) Mocha is the most cutest dog, she is so sweet! <3 I did buy a few fake bones for my silly dachshund Max, gave him one at a time. But it made him terrible, no one or no cat is to get near it. Will be the last ones I ever bouhgt for him! Your blanket is coming out beautifully!! He looks very familiar, now that I am in colourline 17. :-) I do like lighthouses too. It is a lovely theme at school, together with boats and sharks! :-) Have a lovely day, hi to Dayle and your lovely family, Janneke.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your Dayle is a sweetie and a great cook! Those dinners really look delicious! Glad Travis is doing well!

    ReplyDelete
  11. So much beauty to admire and be inspired by... thank you, Teresa!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thrilled Travis continues to do well, he remains in my prayers. Your are blessed with such a thoughtful husband bringing you in those delightful daffodils and buying you roses. Don't get me started on the food, yummy!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I am so happy to read your boy is improving, that's really good news. Daffodils are my favourite spring flowers. You are lucky to have so many in your garden. Have a lovely week x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thanks for sharing sweet and beautiful views and news around you, Teresa! All the flowers are such a treat to see. I saw some nearly open Daffodils in our neighborhood this morning. Wonderful to see the good progress on your pretty blanket, and the yummy looking food Dayle has been preparing, as well. The view of the lighthouse is so unique, and I wonder if it was taken by a drone now that you suggested that as a possibility. Hope you were able to successfully Zoom. Love pats to Mocha. ((hugs)) 😃🙏

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hello Teresa. Beautiful blooms. Delicious food. So pleased that Travis continues to do well. The lighthouse photo is stunning. Take care. Hugs Anne

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful lighthouse picture Teresa. So glad Travis continues to improve. YOur flowers and meals look wonderful (my mouth is watering....).

    ReplyDelete
  17. That dinner sounds delicious, I make something the same but with chicken, it is so yummy. Your flowers are so beautiful and Mocha is adorable. Stay safe.

    ReplyDelete

I absolutely love comments and thank you so much for taking time to leave me a note. :-)